Image :Legoland Hotel,Malaysia
Here’s the thing about children: They’re completely unpredictable. Situations constantly come up that are totally out of your control and when those situations happen far from home they threaten to ruin your hard-earned vacation.
Too much moving around on tours can literally make them cranky and fussy.
When I travelled with my young children I remember carrying a whole lot of paraphernalia to keep them occupied for the “in between times” of touring and other planned activities as the amenities for them at hotels used to be relegated to cookies , uninspired children’s menus and maybe a colouring book or two.
Thankfully, young globetrotters today have much more to look forward to: luxury chains are now plying on them with perks like cooking classes with famous chefs, bird-watching expeditions, and other activities and creative gifts beyond the standard run of the mill -stuffed teddy bears.
Image :Legoland Hotel, Malaysia
All this pampering by posh properties, other than the full fledged resorts, are putting oomph in keeping this picky clientele entertained.
But having said that here what Hotels can do to go out of their way to accommodate and please the juniors and their parents by offering clever and meaningful amenities.
- Providing kids with child-sized robes and slippers, and gifts throughout their visit like coloring books, Frisbees etc.
- Parents with babies, should be able to and borrow strollers, diapers and wipes.
- A collection of creative experiences inspired by the destination such as kid-friendly tour of the city’s museums complete with a treasure hunt
- Elaborate arrangements such as children under five get to eat for free at the on-site restaurants.
- Family-friendly movies in its theater room, popcorn machines and candy treats machine
- Toddlers play area and activities for young children such as kite making, shell collecting, and painting.
When you’re taking a vacation with your family, you want it to be just that — a vacation!
Image:Kids clubroom Four Seasons,Chicago
Before you leave make sure you have looked at a hotel that has a variety amenities suited for family travel.
Image: Centara Karon Resort, Phuket
Resorts that offer golf-cart access to the beach, and other numerous family-friendly amenities such as kid pool, playground, on-site indoor and outdoor games, walking paths, mini golf, etc can help you enjoy the holiday for both you and your entire family.
Can you think of any other suggestion/ activities/ freebies that hotels can offer to our young voyagers? Do share in the comments section.